7. Your Facebook/Twitter timeline is a play-by-play of all of the “special” things he does for you.
I always say you can tell when a girl isn’t used to being treated very nicely. We all have that one friend who subjects you to endless updates of what others may view as very normal healthy relationship behavior. They read something like: “I have the best hubby in the world, he took our kids to see The Lorax.” “Breakfast on the boo! Cheese eggs on deck. I love my man!” You get the point. I’m really happy someone loves you enough to take the kids you created together out for a day. I hate to break it you but some things are a given in a relationship and not worthy of applause. I understand how exciting new love can be after repeated heartache, and it’s fine to be appreciative of the little things that come with love. Just be careful not to glorify behavior that should be happening regardless.
Have you ever found yourself “doing too much” in the early stages of a relationship?
Toya Sharee is a community health educator and parenting education coordinator who has a passion for helping young women build their self-esteem and make well-informed choices about their sexual health. She also advocates for women’s reproductive rights and blogs about everything from beauty to love and relationships. Follow her on Twitter @TheTrueTSharee.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Boomerang”
- Asymmetrical Hair Styles: 7 Celebs That Are A Cut Above The Rest
- Can You See Me? 6 Signs You May Be An Attention Seeker
- Will You Watch? Jim Jones and Chrissy Lampkin Snag VH1 Spinoff
- He’s Baaack: Larenz Tate Starring in New Film, ‘Gun Hill’
- Why There’s No Hope For The Real Housewives of Atlanta
- Too Soon? SNL Spoofs Trayvon Martin Coverage
- Nicki Minaj’s Family Says She Exaggerated Her Father’s Abuse