OK, so the good news is Larenz Tate is back. The potentially bad news is he’s back in a BET original move titled “Gun Hill.”
The film is one of BET’s many new original programs and features Larenz as twin brothers—Trane and Bird—on opposite sides of the law. The full synopsis says:
For the adults who go to the movies mostly on premiere weekends, this original film with beloved leading man Larenz Tate is sure to satisfy their fresh tastes. From the executive producers of New York Undercover [another plus], this high-powered cop drama is about identical twins on opposite sides of life: Trane, a cop, and Bird, a con. On one fateful night, Trane is killed. Bird assumes his identity and begins his own search for redemption. Set in the mean streets of New York, this smart, gritty two-hour movie event features an ensemble cast of characters operating on all sides of the law, where no one is quite what they seem.
The film also stars Michael Aronov, Phyllis Yvonne Stickney (“How Stella Got Her Groove Back,” “Haitian Nights”), Tawny Cypress (“Heroes,” “Rescue Me”) and Aisha Hinds (“True Blood,” “Hawthorne”); and is directed by Reggie “Rock” Bythewood of Biker Boyz.
Most of us could probably care less about the focus of the movie we’re just happy to see if Larenz still has that “Love Jones” swexiness we’ve been missing, but the plot doesn’t sound half bad either. Production has reportedly already begun but there’s no word on when this film will hit our small screens. You can be sure we’ll keep you posted.
Are you excited to see Larenz Tate in this new movie?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Hair Do’s and Don’ts According to the Fellas
- Intuition or Evidence: 6 Signs He Has A Chick On The Side
- Better Off Unwed: Couples Who Have Happily Kept A Ring Off Of It
- On To The Next! Women Who Found New Love In The Nick of Time…
- In Between The Sheets: Things All Women Are Insecure About In Bed
- WEEKEND WRAP-UP: Kevin Hart’s (Ex) Wife Not Acting Like A Lady + MORE!
- 6 Things You Can Stop Worrying About Doing For Your Man
- FLASHING LIGHTS! Couples Who Love To Flaunt Their Love