This news is something most of us probably thought would happen but then after the way Chrissy and Mona Scott-Young seemed to be beefing during the “Love and Hip Hop” season 2 reunion we figured it was a rap. Well, it appears both Jim and Chrissy were calling VH1’s bluff by saying they wouldn’t be exposing their lives in front of the cameras anymore because rumor has it, they are set to star in their own spinoff show on the network.
According to a source over at Mouthtoears.com, which the site says never fails them, Jim and Chrissy got:
“Green lighted by VH1 for five to seven 30-minute episodes of straight Jones ( which they are supposed to be filming now).”
The source says Jimmy and Chrissy refused to deal with Mona in the project and requested that she not be involved. At the same time, they sort of thew Mama Jones under the bus because word is her show will be scratched and she’ll appear on Jim and Chrissy’s spinoff instead, which currently has the working title of “Jim and the Family Jones.”
With no Chrissy on “Love and Hip Hop,” the cast has been reduced to Olivia, Yandy, Kimbella, and reportedly Erica Mena. Since Emily B.’s name is missing from that list I have a feeling that one, she’s following in the footsteps of her best friend Chrissy by leaving the show, and two, she’s probably trying to get her own show starring her and Fab, which there have been rumors of.
Either way, I can admit I wouldn’t mind tuning in to a Jones lovefest once a week, and without Yandy or Somaya on the show, Chrissy really shouldn’t have any reason to fight—although I feel like she may find one anyway.
Would you watch “Jim and the Family Jones if this news is true?”
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Hair Do’s and Don’ts According to the Fellas
- Intuition or Evidence: 6 Signs He Has A Chick On The Side
- Better Off Unwed: Couples Who Have Happily Kept A Ring Off Of It
- On To The Next! Women Who Found New Love In The Nick of Time…
- In Between The Sheets: Things All Women Are Insecure About In Bed
- WEEKEND WRAP-UP: Kevin Hart’s (Ex) Wife Not Acting Like A Lady + MORE!
- 6 Things You Can Stop Worrying About Doing For Your Man
- FLASHING LIGHTS! Couples Who Love To Flaunt Their Love