Too Soon? SNL Spoofs Trayvon Martin Coverage
I know. It made me cringe too. The idea of spoofing anything so serious never seems like a good idea and considering we’re talking about a case where we’re just barely starting to make steps in the direction of justice, most people are thinking this spoof is way too soon or shouldn’t have happened at all.
Of course that never stops comedians, and this weekend “Saturday Night Live” used the Trayvon Martin case as the basis of one of their skits. While the jokes were really on Piers Morgan, Kim Kardashian, and Kanye West, and definitely roused some laughs, the teenager’s tragic death as the backdrop just seemed a tad off.
Check out the skit and tell us what you think, fair play or too insensitive?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Hair Do’s and Don’ts According to the Fellas
- Intuition or Evidence: 6 Signs He Has A Chick On The Side
- Better Off Unwed: Couples Who Have Happily Kept A Ring Off Of It
- On To The Next! Women Who Found New Love In The Nick of Time…
- In Between The Sheets: Things All Women Are Insecure About In Bed
- WEEKEND WRAP-UP: Kevin Hart’s (Ex) Wife Not Acting Like A Lady + MORE!
- 6 Things You Can Stop Worrying About Doing For Your Man
- FLASHING LIGHTS! Couples Who Love To Flaunt Their Love