The process of going natural can be quite daunting. Even though the same hair has been growing from our scalps since birth, many of us are totally in the dark as to our natural hair needs. The trick with hair is to recognize that it needs to be trained with a regular regimen. For those who decide to go natural, by nature, the hair will flourish with natural products. When looking for products the key word is MOISTURE.
In order to prevent breakage, thus encouraging growth, naturally curly hair needs organic moisture and lots of water. We have a list of ten products we think are fabulous for the job, but make sure to notice a trend of key ingredients: shea butter, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, water, rosemary and they’re all alcohol-free. And above all, enjoy the process! As many will confess, going natural is not only a physical, but mental and spiritual journey that should be embraced at each stage.
10. Born Organic Hydra-Gel
9. Shea Terra Organics Argan and Ghassool Shampoo Bar
8. Miss Jessie’s Curly Pudding
7. Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment
6. Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Set
Use: Cleansing/Conditioner/Styling (items can be purchased seperately)
5. Deva Curl Low-Poo
4. Mop Top Daily Conditioner
3. Suave Conditioner
**Editor’s Note: the cheaper the better with this product! It does an amazing job of boosting moisture in hair and can also be left in for curl definition.
2. Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
1. Virgin Hair Fertilizer
**Editor’s Note: Becuase this product is imported from Sango-Ota, Nigeria it’s easiest to find online or at your local beauty store.
Going natural? Natural already? Stretching your relaxer? Try these products out and let us know what you think.
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Reasons to Date a Geek
- Protecting Your Do — But He Hates Your Headscarf!
- Beyond BMI: Why Black Women Need Fairer Measures of Health
- Oh, The Faux Pas! Celebrities Who Need To Fire Their Stylists
- The Number One Thing Men Find Attractive
- 8 People You Don’t Want to Sit Near on the Way Home for Thanksgiving
- Ratchet News: Cross-Dressing Man Arrested for Injecting Cement into Woman’s Butt