Where Are They Now? Now Defunct “Making The Band” Groups: Da Band and Danity Kane
For anybody who watched the show, the very sweet Dawn Richard didn’t come off too sweet when it was all said and done. Many fans of Danity Kane tried to make Richard seem like the reason the group was disbanded, and that her work with Diddy on a possible solo project and his own projects made her a troublemaker in the group. After the group was done, Richard stayed on board for Bad Boy, writing songs for folks like Cassie and even Diddy, and by 2009, she started working with Diddy to bring together Dirty Money, which wound up being Diddy-Dirty Money. Of course, after years of stalling, the group (with Kalenna Harper) put out The Last Train to Paris, and that was it. That group also split up, and after Richard was asked to wait around to release a solo effort, she decided she couldn’t and finally parted ways with Bad Boy. Since then she’s been releasing mixtapes and is prepping for the release of a trilogy of albums, entitled “GoldenHeart,” “BlackHeart” and “RedemptionHeart.” She’s dropped a few videos in the process, including “SMFU (Save Me From U)” and “Bombs” and she’s releasing a video for the new single “Automatic” soon. She’s working as an independent artist and is definitely on her grind and underrated. And oh yeah, if you were wondering, she’s no longer messing with Que, formerly of Day26. Thank goodness…
More on Madame Noire!
- Can We Stop the Black Male Bashing…At Least on Father’s Day?
- Being Selfish or Being Sensible? What’s So Wrong With Not Wanting To Have Children?
- Looking Within: Am I A Match For The Ideal Man I Am Praying For?
- OOoo Girl, No! 6 Hair Mistakes You Need Not Make
- Don’t Be His Fool, or His Doormat: Excuses Women Need to Stop Making For Men
- In Summer Fashion, White Is The New Black: 6 White Pieces for Your Wardrobe
- You Could’ve Kept That: 9 Movie Remakes and Sequels That Shouldn’t Have Seen the Light of Day