Gina: Hi Damon! Just wondering what your thoughts are about the application of the 5 Love Languages approach to marriage? How important do you believe it is to learn about a person in order to relate to them effectively? Thanks much, and have a good day!
D.Y.: I think it’s EXTREMELY important to know the love language of the person you’re dating/interested in/married to. Why? Well, for instance, some people are into physical affection — hugging, cuddling, holding hands, etc — and some people are not. Doesn’t mean that the person who isn’t into that stuff doesn’t love the person who is, but it can be interpreted that way if couples don’t communicate. I’d even go as far to suggest that people should try and get into relationships with people who speak the same love language they do.
Pittsburgh native Damon Young (aka “The Champ”) is the co-founder of the ridiculously popular VerySmartBrothas.com. Their first book “Your Degrees Won’t Keep You Warm At Night: The Very Smart Brothas Guide To Dating, Mating and Fighting Crime” is available at Amazon.com
Do you want to speak to Damon in real time? Join us on our Facebook page, next Wednesday from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is It Okay to NOT Shampoo Your Hair? And 6 Foods That Make Great Conditioners
- Run That Back!:10 Albums That Shaped Me
- Let it Go, Let it Flow: 7 People You Should Pick Your Battles With
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- Sweet or Needy: Which Are You?
- Missing Teen Featured on ‘The View’ Found Hours After Broadcast
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body