Reagan Gomez-Preston: When you have really close girlfriends, or even guys, when they have [friends] that they’ve known since childhood, you’re used to sharing that stuff anyway. So to say that you shouldn’t, may not be totally realistic. You don’t have to tell everything. Obviously, you keep some stories just for you and your mate. If you’re used to gathering with your girls about everything, it’s not going to be totally realistic to keep things from them.
I agree with Reagan. Sometimes you just want to vent, but details you share with even your closest girlfriends about your partner and your relationship can come back to haunt you in the future. What do you think of Reagan’s advice? Is there anything you’d add for couple who is about to jump the broom?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 9 Celeb Men Whose Antics Have Cost Them Their “Swexy”
- Shocking! Bronx Groom Commits Suicide Hours After Wedding
- Top Ten Best Hair Products for the Newly Natural
- 9 Reasons He’s Pulling Away From You
- Natural Hair Goes Corporate: Will the Masses Get It?
- 6 Essential Oils You Should Consider to Promote Natural Hair
- Is LisaRaye Engaged to a Megachurch Pastor?