What It Actually Means To “Be Yourself” On A Date
Eat what you want
I mean this in a way you may not expect. Most people tell women to feel free to eat a cheeseburger on a date if they want to. Women end up feeling silly or “girly” if they want to order something healthy, or “diet.” I say, if you’re trying to stay fit, don’t let a date de-rail you! Don’t let a man make you feel bad for ordering something healthy. Is it girly? So what. You’re a girl. (Well, a woman). If a cheeseburger or heaping bowl of pasta is actually what you want to eat, then by all means go for that too.
More on Madame Noire!
- Canada Eh? 8 Celebrities We Didn’t Know Were Canadian
- Let Me Have My Shine!: How Jealousy Ruins Relationships
- Black Don’t Crack: Men Who Look Darn Good For Their Age
- “Mommy, Are We Born This Way Until We Get A Weave?”
- 10 Bad Habits That Get In the Way of Good Relationships
- Lil Kim Needs Some Friends
- When It’s Not Worth Fixing
- Why Your Clothing, Your Man, Your Hair and Reality TV Don’t Define Black Women