9. Jesse Jackson
Jackson visited Zuccotti Park on October 18 with a very interesting message for the crowds. Reverend Jesse Jackson told a crowd of Occupy London protesters that they’re in good company as their demonstrations stretch past the two-month mark, because Jesus was an Occupier as well. “Jesus was an Occupier, born under a death warrant, a Jew by religion, born in poverty under Roman occupation,” Jackson told the 200-person crowd in front of St. Paul’s Cathedral Thursday, MSNBC reported. ”Gandhi was an Occupier, Martin Luther King was an Occupier, [Nelson] Mandela was an Occupier.” Jackson has been holding strong at the protests and is even camping out on the steps of St. Paul’s Cathedral since he first arrived in October.
More on Madame Noire!
- Oh Na Na, What’s My Name? Celebs Whose Real Names Baffle Us
- Different Strokes, Same Folks: Our Favorite Type Casted Celebrities
- Daddy’s Little Girl: Our Favorite Papa’s and Their Little Princesses
- Go The Distance: The Most Desired Destinations To Say I Do!
- Ratchet Relatives That Can Make the Holidays a Hot Mess
- Women Who Stack More Money Than Their Men