What did Roger Ebert have to say about it?
Roger Ebert usually has a valuable and often surprisingly accurate review of films, including the black ones other critics seem to misunderstand. But for this movie, he wasn’t blown away. Though he didn’t bash the actors and their performances, he did state that the plot was unorganized and didn’t allow audiences to identify with any of the characters, with the exception of Frankie, at times.
There are several angles this material might have been approached from, and director Gregory Nava tries several without hitting on one that works. By the end of the film we’re not even left with anyone to root for; we realize with a little astonishment, waiting for the court verdict, that we don’t care who wins.
More on Madame Noire!
- Cuz I Said So! Celebs We Don’t Like…Just Because We Don’t!
- The Great Interrogation: How To Answer A Woman’s Toughest Questions
- “N***as Be Stressing”: Chris Brown Documents His Love For Two Women …& They Respond
- C’Mon Now: Black Celebrities That White Folks Mistake For One Another (But They DON’T Look Alike…)
- Where Are They Now? Contestants from “The White Rapper Show” & “Miss Rap Supreme”
- Sorry Boo! Mean Thoughts All Women Have About Their Boyfriend Eventually
- This Battle Is Not Yours! Don’t Let These Tiny Things Ruin Your Relationship
'Baddies' Tommie Lee Goes AWF On White Karen Who Told Her To 'Shut Up' In A Restaurant
NeNe Leakes' Son Sued For Nearly $30K Of Unpaid Child Support, Child's Mom Asks Judge To Lock Him Up
Hypergamy Dating Expert Says Men Want To Be Used By Women In New Episode Of 'The Real Side Chicks Of Los Angeles'
NEW TRAILER: 'Iwájú' Is A New Afrofuturistic Animated Series Coming To Disney+ On Feb. 28
Mo'Nique, Her Husband, And Her Oldest Son Go Back And Forth With Response Videos And 'Receipts' After 'Club Shay Shay' Interview
Twomad, YouTuber, Gamer And Game Creator, Dies At 23
Erica Dixon Denies Having Beef With Karlie Redd, Calls Her Fake And Phony In the Same Breath
The BeyHive Came Through For Beyoncé When An Oklahoma Country Station Declined A Request For 'Texas Hold 'Em'