Where Are They Now? 11 Forgotten, Familiar and Favorite Faces From Some Of Our Favorite Spike Lee Joints
Most people remember De’Aundre Bond’s face from movies like, Sunset Park and The Wood, but I remember this fella most from his role in Get on The Bus. You know, that one movie with all the black men trying to successfully make their way to the Million Man March in DC? In the movie, Bonds played “Smooth,” who was shackled to his father after getting arrested for theft. He had a mouth and a bad attitude on him, and spoke of his desire to do gangsta rap. But by the end of the movie, father and son had reconnected after years of stress and strife. Since doing movies like that, Bonds was supposed to play Antwone Fisher, but he unfortunately had to serve 11 years in prison after stabbing his aunt’s boyfriend who allegedly attacked him. But since he’s come out, Bonds has already started getting back into acting. He’ll appear in the movie, Gangster Squad, with Ryan Gosling, which comes out next year, and he hopes to start a clothing line and write a book and documentary about his life.
More on Madame Noire!
- From Dropping It Like It’s Hot To Oscars: 10 Celebrities Who Got Their Video Vixen On Before Making It Big (Fellas Too!)
- Name It & Claim It: The Importance of Speaking Your Dreams and Desires Into Existence
- It’s Women Like Kiana Howell And Makeeba Graham Who Make It Hard For All Of Us To Get Through Security At The Airport
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Does Makeup Really Matter To Men?
- When It Comes To The Magic Stick, Does Size Really Matter?
- Magazine Cover Curse: 9 Couples Who Shared Their Love With Us And Ended Up Yesterday’s News
- Wait, How Did You Get That Role? 14 Of The Crappiest Casting Calls in Black Films and TV
She Tried It: Inahsi Naturals Aloe Hibiscus Leave-In Conditioner & Detangler
Kim Kardashian Lands Olympic Partnership Deal, Shapewear Line To Be Worn By Team USA Athletes
She Tried It: Ivy Park Drip 2 and 2.2 Black Pack
Pillow Talk Relationships: How to navigate complex and uncomfortable conversations
Real Talk About Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in the Black community
Prioritize Your Skincare With These Tips For Melanin-Rich Complexions
Burt’s Bees Skincare Works Harder, Not Harsher
My Husband And I Attempted To Have A Creative Date Night At Home -Without A Babysitter - Here's How It Went