The Book and Terry McMillan
This story you already know. You already know that Stella was based, at least partially on the relationship Terry found herself in while vacationing in Jamaica. The media ran with this little development and Terry and her new, younger boo were everywhere. Everybody was trying to cover and ever talk about their seemingly fairy-tale romance. In an interview with Charlie Rose, Terry told him that she had to keep some aspects of her relationship private. Very true indeed, considering outlets like Time Magazine were referring to Jonathan Plummer as McMillan’s souvenir. What you might not have known was that at the time Terry met and fell in love with Jonathan, she was dealing with the death of both her mother and best friend, which might explain, at least partially why she was so quick to jump in. Plummer, who came out as a homosexual, thereby ending their relationship, went on to open a dog grooming business and host a web series called No More Down Low. How fitting.
If any good came of this whole situation, McMillan acknowledged that her being stronger, emotionally and mentally, helped her to finish her next novel, A Day Late and A Dollar Short, which is what she stopped working on once her mother passed.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is Ryan Gosling Singing Jodeci!? 9 White Celebrities And Their “Blackest” Moments
- Handle That For Me! Why I Want Him To Plan The Dates
- You Already Know Black Don’t Crack:15 Female Celebs Who Are Over 40 But Don’t Look It
- Where Are They Now? The Women of “Real Chance of Love”
- Are You A Rebound Queen? How To Tell If You’re Moving Too Fast…
- An Open Letter to My Single Sistas: Stop Searching For Him
- Ways to Wear Wine: Fall’s Hue Du Jour