I know what you struggle with on a day-to-day basis. But I am also aware of the liberating feeling in knowing that my singleness is a gift and that it won’t last forever, so I better celebrate it while I can. And even if it does last forever, I am grateful for the journey and I know it is for a reason. I also know that it is better to be a single woman not in a relationship, than to be a woman in a relationship and still be single and alone; because the fact is, there are a lot of women who are married or in promising relationships who feel more alone than many single women.
Now don’t get me wrong, marriage and relationships are blessed and beautiful when they are sent from above and serve the right purpose. But relationships should not be forced on anyone because of fear of being alone, and we shouldn’t feel as though we must be in a relationship to be happy.
So I say to all of my Single Sistas, celebrate your singleness, and stand tall in it like a fresh pair of stilettos. This is the time in your life where you can celebrate you for who you were created to be, stand firm on it, and relish in it. Stay encouraged, look at what’s in front of you and not who’s around you. Focus on finding your purpose as a single woman. It is only then you will find true happiness.
Your Single Sistah Liz
Liz Lampkin is the Author of “Are You a Reflection of the Man You Pray For?” Follow her on Twitter @Liz_Lampkin
More on Madame Noire!
- How Ya Going? 9 of Our Favorite Celebs Of Trinidadian Descent (There’s Some Surprises!)
- Baby, Bye! Celebs Who Took Their Baby Hair Too Far
- But He’s Not On My Level, Right? Why Women Should Seek Passion and Purpose in a Mate
- What’s Happened To R&B Music? The Real Men of R&B We Love
- Almost Doesn’t Count! Celebs Who Never Quite Made It Down the Aisle”
- Summer Essentials: The Curvy Fashionista Lists Her 5 Must-Haves
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “New Jack City”