How to Tell If Your Guy Is Intimidated By Your Success (And What To Do About It)
How to Combat This:
Get on the same page. Understand his need to be or feel like “the man” in his relationship, because that’s how some men are programmed to be to feel satisfied. Let him know that his role is not diminished in your life just because he is in-between jobs, making less than you, taking a pay-cut or is unemployed right now. You might know that money is not your main reason for being his woman, but he might see it as a very important aspect of the relationship, and t0 save-face.
Let him understand your side as well. Professional growth takes many types of sacrifices, from family to personal ones, and one of those might feel like a strain on your love life. Don’t let anybody tell you that you can’t have your cake and eat it too; it is possible to succeed and have love at the same time. Let him know that you value your career with as much devotion as you give your relationship, and the only way you can satisfy him is if you are living to your fullest potential. Have the patience to grow together emotionally and professionally, encourage each other’s dreams and decisions as individuals playing the game in this corporate world, and be a proud power couple, egos aside!
Blair Bedford is a media professional and freelance writer/contributor based out of NYC. Follow Blair B. on Twitter @BlairsPadandPen.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? 9 Blue-Eyed Soul Singers We Used To Jam To
- He Might Be a Creepin’ Fool, But He’s a Talented One: 5 Classic Songs Stevie J Is Behind…
- The Devil Is a Lie: 7 Types of Hypocritical “Church Folk” Who Know They Need to Quit
- How Ya Going? 9 of Our Favorite Celebs Of Trinidadian Descent (There’s Some Surprises!)
- An Open Letter to My Single Sistas: Being Single is Not a Curse, It’s A Gift
- UGH! 10 Things Men Do That Drive Women Nuts