7.) The Love Jones/Prince Connection
Remember when Darius is trying to convince Nina she should go out with him he tells her, he’ll bring albums to her place until she says yes. He said that he would start bringing her Prince albums and: “You know how that brother like to pump out 4-5 albums a week.” Well, perhaps Prince took a liking to the fact that he was mentioned in the movie. Later in his 2004 release of his thirtieth studio album, Musicology Prince gave a shout to the film in his song “On the Couch” saying, “Love Jones is on the TV again, baby…” Also if you want to extend this connection ever further, Larenz Tate’s wife Thomasina Geneva Parrott was a dancer for one of Prince’s tours. Talk about coincidence.
Are there any little factoids you happen to know about the film? Do share…
More on Madame Noire!
- Things I Learned While Rocking Relaxed Hair, Natural Hair, and No Hair At All
- I’m a Little Uncomfortable With Michelle O’s Love For Beyoncé, Are You?
- Don’t Be a Ratchet Rat: 7 Manners Everyone Should Mind…Or Risk Getting Snapped On
- Haute Hats: When It’s Hot, Keep Your Cool With These 7 Stylish Looksl
- Sheila E. Says Music Healed Wounds From a Traumatic Childhood Incident
- Get Under Your Skin: How To Renew & Maintain Your Skin
- The Hair She Dared to Wear: The Coiffures of Patti Labelle