Beyoncé, Solange and Tina Knowles
Okay, so this wasn’t that big of a shocker for you. If you’ve seen Bey’s controversial “True Match” ad for L’Oreal, or heard her song, “Creole,” it’s not something she’s particularly trying to keep on the hush. Mama Tina is the daughter of Agnèz Beyincé, who was French a speaking Louisiana Creole. Agnèz Beyincé’s life inspired her daughter and granddaughter immensely, as the women spawned their clothing line, House of Deréon in honor of her passion for making clothes (Agnèz Beyincé was formerly known as Agnèz DeRouen–hence the name).
More on Madame Noire!
- “Would We Still Back Barack Obama if He Were Married to a White Woman?”
- “Messy: Terrell Owens Confronts Baby Mommas on Dr. Phil”
- “Check Ya Vocals: 7 Songs That Would’ve Sounded Better If Someone Else Sang Them”
- “2012 Met Costume Institute Gala: Beyoncé, Rihanna & More Show Out On The Red Carpet”
- You Can Do Better: Your Standards Are Too Low If You Accept These 6 Things
- “How Far Can Swag Take You? An Analysis of the Rick Ross Appeal”
- “Phil Mushnick (And Those Who Agree With Him), Tell Us Why You’re Really Mad at Jay-Z”