Say “I love you” too much.
You can never tell your daughter you love her too much. Give that validation of importance and value. As the parent, your voice has the most strength and it will ring between her ears for life.
LaShaun Williams is a Madame Noire contributor and blogger whose work has appeared in the New York Times and across several popular sites, such as HuffPost Black Voices and the Grio. You can visit her blog at lashaunwilliams.com or follow her on Twitter @itsmelashaun and Facebook.
More on Madame Noire!
- You Can Call Me Crazy: 7 Women Who Acted A Fool On-Screen…And We Loved It
- 7 Things That Should Signal The End of A Relationship
- “Ask A Black Man” Episode 1: Life Of A Single Black Man (Extended Cut)
- He’s No Good For You: How To Stay Away
- Dawn Richards Keeps It Real About Splitting From Bad Boy, Danity Kane And Cheating Boyfriends
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Stolen Kidneys & Treating Your Man
- Be Kareful With Your Kotex! Mold Found On Kotex
- Looking Out: Tyler Perry Gives Bobbi Kristinia A Job