6. Time for Yourself
I always stress to my friends how important ‘alone time’ is. Think about it, if you don’t really know who you are, how successful will you be in a relationship!? Knowing what you enjoy doing in your alone time, maturing your faith walk, figuring out your purpose in life, and really taking time to foster real friendships are all the wonderful things you can do while you are single with no distractions. You are less likely to discover these things while you are in a relationship, so take the break up as a blessing in that sense and don’t turn back!
Angele D. Russell is the owner of Dinners + Dates. You can follow her on Twitter @angeledrussell
More on Madame Noire!
- Is The Black Standard of Beauty Giving You Low Self-Esteem?
- True Life: If I Could Say Anything to My First Love, I’d Say…
- No Child Left Behind: Can Having a Big Family Harm Your Children?
- 7 Things A Man Only Does If He’s Serious About You
- Brotherly Love: Celebrity ‘Bromances’ We Like To See
- I’m Sorry, But You Can’t Put Your Biological Clock on Snooze Forever
- When It’s Not Worth Fixing
- Is Graduate School Worth It? 6 Things To Consider Before Taking The Plunge