Make your office or desk a reflection of who you are and where you want to go next in your career
With a traditional office building full of harsh, fluorescent lighting full of cubicles and an office with no friendly feel, it could seem like your creativity and motivation dwindles throughout the day, and it does. Your daily environment makes a huge impact on how you perform in the office. Personalizing your office or desk could make a big difference on your overall outlook on your job surroundings. A friendly, inviting, creative and inspiring atmosphere around you can enhance the way you work and your effort behind it.
How to achieve this:
Personalize your office or desk with inspirational quotes, pictures of family and friends and other important motivators in your life. If you have a love for books, put a few of your favorites on your desk to make the space feel like your own (make sure they are work-environment appropriate—no personal Zane collection!). Also, cultivate your career future with quotes and other inspirational notions to always remind you of where you could or will be after you climb the career ladder of success.
More on Madame Noire!
- More than Foxy Brown: Queens of Blaxploitation Films
- What’s Your Secret? 40-Something Women Who Look 30-Something
- NFL Player Loses Wife and Mother of Two to Suspected Brain Aneurysm
- Madonna, Chelsea Handler and White Woman Privilege
- Does Beyoncé’s Loreal Campaign Offend You?
- Ray J Discusses Relationships with ‘KK’ and Whitney in New Tell-All Book
- Who Deserves The Blame For Whitney Houston’s Demise?
- 10 Common Natural Hair Habits You Should Stop…Now