Haven’t heard of Calvin Lockhart? Well the Nassau, Bahamas-born actor with skin that The New York Times compared to brown velvet was a Broadway thesbian, a Blaxploitation star and a director. He’s been on and in everything from Cotton Comes to Harlem, the horror film The Beast Must Die, Uptown Saturday Night, and Coming to America of all things! On top of all that, as you can see, Lockhart was also an all-around FINE brotha. If you would like further proof of that, check his bad self out in our gallery.
I’m not going to go as far as to say his skin was “black velvet,” but it sure looked like it was silky smooth!
The guy definitely had some very nice and very strong features. I’m sure all the women were swooning over this brotha back when they were rocking bell-bottoms and calling folks “jive turkeys…”
That widow’s peak and those eyebrows! How debonair…Random that those things stick out to me, huh?
I’m digging the pimp daddy look above. “Be cool baby…” *laughs*
Gotta love a man with good style!
The very beautiful actor went back to the Bahamas in the late ’90s and in 2007, passed away at the age of 72. It’s not too late to get to know him, just check out his long filmography and play catch up. But in the meantime, what do you think? Gorgeous or what?
More on Madame Noire!
- Boy, Bye!: 6 Stupid Reasons to Turn a Man Down
- Hair Raising: Iconic Women Who Changed the Standard for Black Hair
- Does Dating White Trump Your Black Card?
- 7 Things That Should Never Happen In The Bedroom
- Dangerously In Love: Warning Signs To Protect Your Heart From Harming You
- Are You A Coward When It Comes To Breaking Up?
- Can You Marry Someone You Don’t Love?
- So, What Do Their Moms Look Like