Products with Synthetic Colors
People might fancy shampoos and conditioners with pretty, very unrealistic colors inside of them, but if you knew what was good for you, you would avoid them at all costs. Why? Synthetic colors can be cancer causing agents for one thing, and also cause allergy and nerve problems. You’ll know that synthetic colors are in your products when you see letters and numbers like this on the contents part: FD&C or D&C Red No.6. These fake colors also show up big time in hair dyes–be careful!
Products with Mineral Oil
Why so greasy? If your hair looks like it has been dipped in canola oil ready to be put in a pan to fry, but is actually gathering up a lot of dandruff, it might be because hair moisturizers you’re using have mineral oil in them. Mineral oil can clog your pores and cause breakage because of the fact that it interferes with the natural oils you create. Not to mention, touching a greasy head in this day and age is not hot.
More on Madame Noire!
- Dudes You Need to DVR: Hot Men We’re Currently Watching TV For
- Daddy’s Little Girls: Celebrity Men and Their Darling Daughters
- Why You Should Say “No” To His Offer of “Just Friends”
- Bump Up Your Bob! Spice Up Your Sleek Style With These Tips
- “OOooh Unn Uhhh” and Other Things Black Girls Say
- Celebrity Women Who Look Good With A Little Extra Weight