Which Type Of Gym Rat Are You?

May 19, 2016  |  
1 of 10

Corbis

Corbis

The gym is filled with so many colorful characters. About 75 percent of the gym struggle is just trying to motivate yourself to get through the full 30 minutes to an hour that you swore you were going to stay. The other 25 percent is just trying to motivate yourself to deal with all the people sure to tap dance on your last nerves. From the pushy trainer looking to make you their newest pet project, to the women in your dance class who act like they can’t make space for you even though you were just five minutes late, it’s a jungle in there.

But we all have our moments when we hit up fitness facilities and know we could be nicer, get off of machines sooner, or know we’ve done the absolute most in the attempt to get a good workout. Still, if you had to classify yourself and your regular gym behavior, where would you fall? Check out nine different types of gym rats, and if you don’t see yourself on this list, (politely) tell us what mold you fit in the comment section.

Corbis

Corbis

The Elitist

You don’t think so, but you’re a bit of a gym snob. You think you own a certain spot on the dance floor, a certain machine—and you don’t like when others get in your way. Especially when they can’t keep up. You are a class show off and don’t want anybody underestimating your strength or capabilities. You want instructors, employees—everybody, to watch you work.

Corbis

Corbis

The One Who Came To Be Seen

You came to the gym in a pair of casual sneakers with no kind of support, and you don’t really have a plan—other than to scope the scene for some good-looking members and have them see you. Who says you can’t find love in the club? Fitness club that is.

Corbis

Corbis

The “I Did Too Much” Member

You went out and had drinks or dinner with friends one too many times during the week, and now you’re regretting the way it’s making you feel. You know, as though you put on 10 pounds overnight. So you decide to get your salad, get your life together, and go hard in the gym ASAP.

Shutterstock

Shutterstock

The Weight Room Fanatic

You want to take part in competitions, or maybe, you just want to get some more muscle so you can look like a body double for Serena Williams. You’re not afraid to throw yourself into the frenzy of all the guys lifting weights because no worries, you can hold your own (and bench more than most of ‘em).

Shutterstock

Shutterstock

The Member With Set Goals

You came with a plan and you do NOT play. You are in the gym for at least 45 minutes but sometimes stick around for more than 90 minutes. You have crop tops and jeans from college to fit in again sooner than later.

Shutterstock

Shutterstock

The “I Just Came So I Don’t Waste Money” Member

You come every once in a blue moon. You obtained your membership a long time ago but get billed monthly for services you don’t utilize. But every now and again, you’ll show up to get a little bit of your membership money’s worth, and then it’s back to Netflix and Doritos.

Image Source: Shutterstock

Image Source: Shutterstock

The Machine Hog

“Oh, I’m going back and forth with this.” That’s the go-to line of the person who likes to act like a certain set of weights or that Stairmaster machine in the corner you would like to get on sometime soon is their personal possession. You watch episode after episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians reruns on the treadmill during busy hours and just don’t know how to share. Rude, much?

Source: Corbis

Source: Corbis

The Pseudo Trainer

You have no real certifications or qualifications to give the unsolicited advice you offer, but alas, there you are, telling people the “right” way to do a squat. The best way to do the steps in that Zumba class (even though they’re in the back with you). The right posture to do a deadlift. And yet, all they really want to say in response is “Thanks, but no thanks.”

15 Apps To get your health on track

Source: Shutterstock

The Chatty Cathy

Your eyes meet with theirs for one second after yoga class and next thing you know, you always have something to say. You want to tell them why a certain move is so hard, why you’re struggling with your combination lock, and just think you’re their go-to gym buddy.

 

Trending on MadameNoire

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN