Was Tyler scared to make his first film?
After Tyler Perry became a [black] household name through his plays and eventually his movies, he and media mogul Oprah became fast friends. He was featured on her talk show a few times, detailing his sexual abuse, his homeless struggles and his troubled relationship with his father. She’s often described him as a good friend. When Oprah interviewed Perry for her magazine, she asked him if he was scared to star in and produce his first feature film. Perry told her: “No, because I didn’t know what the hell I was doing. I just saw all those people coming out to the plays.”
More on Madame Noire!
- I’m Gonna Call It Like I See It: Celebs With No Filter
- Beauty On A Budget: 8 Delicious Drugstore Products You Can’t Live Without
- Secret Lover: Signs He May Be Hiding Something From You
- All The Single Ladies! Grown and Gorgeous Celebs Who Are Single and Satisfied!
- Why I Wish We Would Stop Advising Black Women To Date Outside The Race
- Why I Love Working With Black Women
- Because a Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste: Celebs Who Attended Ivy League Universities
WEtv To Air Carlos King's New 2024 Show, 'Bold & Bougie,' With Tameka Foster, Crystal Smith, Gocha Hawkins, Malaysia Pargo And Princess Banton-Lofters
Jonathan Majors Reportedly Told White Ex-Girlfriend To Be Like 'Coretta Scott King And Michelle Obama'
Ye Opts For Travel Abroad With Wife Vs. Spending Holidays Stateside With His Kids
Ye Requests $1M Lawsuit Accusing Him Of Subjecting Ex-Contractor To Horrid Living And Sleeping Conditions Be Dropped
Phor Brings His BDSM Knowledge And Pet Play Kink To New Episode Of 'Cutlers Court'
Wayne Brady Involved In Car Wreck That Resulted In A Physical Altercation With The Other Driver
Tamar Braxton And Tommie Lee Throw Shots On Social Media, ‘Go Sell Some A-- For Your Next Hit’
Icon Janet Jackson Shouts Out 7-Time Grammy-Nominated Victoria Monét On IG