Was Tyler scared to make his first film?
After Tyler Perry became a [black] household name through his plays and eventually his movies, he and media mogul Oprah became fast friends. He was featured on her talk show a few times, detailing his sexual abuse, his homeless struggles and his troubled relationship with his father. She’s often described him as a good friend. When Oprah interviewed Perry for her magazine, she asked him if he was scared to star in and produce his first feature film. Perry told her: “No, because I didn’t know what the hell I was doing. I just saw all those people coming out to the plays.”
More on Madame Noire!
- I’m Gonna Call It Like I See It: Celebs With No Filter
- Beauty On A Budget: 8 Delicious Drugstore Products You Can’t Live Without
- Secret Lover: Signs He May Be Hiding Something From You
- All The Single Ladies! Grown and Gorgeous Celebs Who Are Single and Satisfied!
- Why I Wish We Would Stop Advising Black Women To Date Outside The Race
- Why I Love Working With Black Women
- Because a Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste: Celebs Who Attended Ivy League Universities