For the love of God, no sequel, please!
Last year, Soulja Boy told Vibe Magazine that was going to reprise Tupac’s role as “Bishop” in a remake of Juice. Soulja Boy dished that the remake was going to take place in Atlanta. The rapper said he was ready to show everybody his acting side. As of late, that talk has kind of died down.
In an interview with Omar Epps, Fast Life Show.com asked what he thought about the idea of a sequel. He was very professional but essentially said it wouldn’t be the same.
“It is what it is. The general consensus is a certain things shouldn’t be remade, but really it’s just a form, I think, of flattery and respect; how those guys were influenced by that; they want to redo it. The best to them, but nothing is better than the original. Our generation was birthing, the Tupac’s, The Biggie’s, The Jay-Z’s. Boyz in the Hood was right around that time, Menace II Society. It’s a different time right now.”
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Black Celebrities Who Suprisingly Practice or Dabbled In Scientology
- HOLD TIGHT! 10 Clutch Worthy Handbags under $100
- Fascinating Friends: Surprising Celebrity Friendships..We Almost Forgot About!
- “Give Her Half or Go Half on a Baby? – Questions Of Being a Father vs. Being a Husband
- Black Girls Do Swim, And 13-Year-Old Olympian Adzo Kpossi Proves It
- Did You Know They Dated? Part II: 11 MORE Surprising Secret Lovers and Boos We Didn’t Know About
- Things That Freak Me Out: Men Who Pretend to Be Perfect
10 Ways To Financially Prepare For The Launch Of A Small Business
She Tried It: Inahsi Naturals Aloe Hibiscus Leave-In Conditioner & Detangler
Life Moments That Will Move You
Grammy Award-Winning Robert Glasper Celebrates Black Music’s Impact on the American Sound
Shirley Strawberry's Husband To Alleged Mistress During Jailhouse Call, 'When That Thang Get Hot, Just Pat It'
Revelations: Hibiscus Brew Cafe Nourishes Brooklyn Community With Island Flavors
Revelations: Brooklyn Rum Bar The Rogers Garden Pours Up For Its Community
1st Episode Drop: 'Listen To Black Women Podcast' On Relationships, Self-care And Body Hair