And of course, how could we forget Heather Headley? The singer and Tony-Award winning theater actress was born and raised in Trinidad until her teenage years when she moved to Indiana. Before then, she was said to be inspired by the calypso and soca music of her land. “Trinidad is where I learned to sing and to appreciate music. One of the beautiful things about home is that there’s so much music.” She has returned to Trinidad to perform, and is looked at as a huge star to the people.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “New Jack City”
- The Ebony Magazine Drama And Why Black Women Need to Quit Attacking Each Other’s Character
- Evening Eye Candy: Model David Agbodji
- Don’t Hate Me Because I’m Beautiful: Do You Have Pretty Girl Problems
- Almost Doesn’t Count! Celebs Who Never Quite Made It Down the Aisle”
- That Ain’t No Mongolian Hair, Girl: What’s the Real Deal with Your “Virgin” Hair Extensions?
- Figuring Out Fake Friends: 6 Signs That Your Friends Might Be Green With Envy