You Can Do Better: Your Standards Are Too Low If You Accept These 6 Things
He won’t talk about your goals/problems
When you bring up an aspiration or dream, having your guy say “That’s great baby” and then turn the volume back up on the TV doesn’t cut it. When you bring up a fight you’ve had with your best friend, “That’s a bummer” followed by the above behaviors isn’t okay either. It means he doesn’t think he should be fixing your problems. The truth is, he should see your problems as his problems too and get on the case of helping you resolve them. Of course, he doesn’t have to get bent out of shape about them, but a wise word or two to offer wouldn’t hurt. Don’t make the excuse, “Well, I know it’s a stressful subject and a lot to think about—I can see why he wouldn’t have an opinion about it.” He isn’t 8 years old. He should be able to talk about life’s issues, be a good ear and help you come to a resolution.
More on Madame Noire!
- Hip to the Game: Red Flags We Overlook In Our 20′s And Look Out For In Our 30′s!
- Ashton Kutcher, “Brown Face,” And Why These Images Persist in Media
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Boyz N The Hood”
- Why Do We Feel The Need to Keep Explaining ‘Our’ Fatness?
- Did You Know They Were The Daddy? Surprising Celebrity Parents
- 20 Years Later, Where Are They Now? The Cast of “The Cosby Show”
- Who You Calling a Bit**? A How-To on Properly Addressing Women