The High-Income Woman’s Guide to Dating a Man Who Makes Less
Let him be the man. Independence is one of the most important traits that guys look for in a counterpart—and being a financially independent woman is attractive, but when you are constantly taking care of the dinners, movies and other nights out together, such behavior can be emasculating for a guy. Men who are legit and don’t intend to mooch off of a woman have the inner need to feel like the provider and protector—so let him take the checks from time to time. And if he doesn’t have the funds to wine and dine you on the town every night, dinners at home can make for intimate, romantic evenings together.
Own your achievements. Many guys feel inferior and intimidated by women who make more money than them. But if you are with a guy who makes you uncomfortable or makes you feel the need to apologize for the successes that you’ve achieved—forget him! When you’ve busted it to create an amazing life for yourself marked by a solid education, a successful career and comfortable lifestyle afforded to you by the big paycheck you cash every two weeks, then you deserve everything that you have earned—no one can take that away from you. Be proud and continue to be the strong, successful, independent woman you are.
Sabrina Jackson is a guest post author who shares with us her tips for dating a man who makes less money than you. Additionally, Sabrina contributes articles to Free Online Dating Sites where she educates online singles about safe methods of dating on the web.
More on Madame Noire!
- Seriously, What’s With All the Overly Aggressive Men in the Club Nowadays?
- Evening Eye Candy: Actor Jason Momoa
- Sexual Health Myths Even Adults Believes
- Say Cheese! Unfortunate Yet Unforgettable Celebrity Mug Shots
- 8 Signs The Guy You’re Messing With Is NOT a Grown A** Man
- Close Call! Actors Who ALMOST Played A Few Surprising Roles…
- Want Kids? See What Mother’s Wish They Knew Before Starting A Family…
- Somebody Come Get This Fool: Bow Wow Reveals Celeb Chicks He Slept With