Like many of the other “girl” phrases, there are several ways this particular one can be uttered. So I want to be clear about how I mean this particular “ooo, girl.” This is the naughty one. Your bestie has just shared one of her past, present or future sexcapades and it’s so titillating that your only response is an “ooo, girl.” It’s a verbal lip curl of satisfaction, a slow wind of the hips if you will. In a short two word phrase, “ooo, girl” playfully chides and encourages your friend to… do…her…thang!
(If you still don’t quite understand, a perfect example of “ooo, girl” can be heard in Jill Scott’s “The Way.”)
In what ways do you use the word, girl?
More on Madame Noire!
- Dudes You Need to DVR: Hot Men We’re Currently Watching TV For
- Daddy’s Little Girls: Celebrity Men and Their Darling Daughters
- Why You Should Say “No” To His Offer of “Just Friends”
- Bump Up Your Bob! Spice Up Your Sleek Style With These Tips
- “OOooh Unn Uhhh” and Other Things Black Girls Say
- Celebrity Women Who Look Good With A Little Extra Weight