Home Decor Tips – Home Savvy
About This Episode
In this episode we’ll show you how to add style to your walls by following our handy tips.
Sponge Painting is a great decorating technique to camouflage any imperfections on the wall surface.
Choose three colors, in order to make certain wall has proper depth. For your base coat, Select Behr Premium Plus Ultra – This interior paint is both paint & primer in one, and has advanced stain-blocking capabilities.
Wainscoting dresses up the walls in your home, by adding unique detail and gives an architectural touch.
Ceiling Medallions – You can paint them to match any home decor and personalize by adding family photos.
Hang your work of art by, using paper cut-outs in the same size of the pieces that you will mount. Adjust paper cut-outs, in order to find the right balance and focal point before you affix a medallion to the wall.
Use a lighting fixture to accent your sponge wall. The best way to do this is by using a Wall Sconce.
The Home Depot Style Guide is here. It’s your inspiration resource filled with trends, tips and instructions that will guide you from start to finish. Brush up on the latest paint finishes, hear what the style bloggers are excited about, and buy anything you need without a trip to the store. Find it in the iTunes store, or log on here: http://styleguide.homedepot.com/
WANT MORE HOME SAVVY? WATCH THESE EPISODES
- The Savvy Search for a New Host
- Episode 1: Style Your Home With a Summer Window Box
- Episode 2: The Perfect Outdoor Grilling Party
- Episode 3: Dust It Off And Try Again? Tips for Updating Vintage Furniture
- Episode 4: It’s Handled! How to Create An Olivia Pope Inspired Ambience in Your Home!
- Episode 1: How to Install a Bathroom Vanity
- Episode 2: How to Install a Bathroom Faucet
- Episode 3: How to Save Money on Your Home Energy Bills
- Episode 4: Home Decor Tips
- Episode 5: How To Decorate For The Holidays
- Episode 6: How to Light Your Home For The Holidays