ABOUT THIS EPISODE
In this "Get It Done" episode we'll show you how to grow your own vegetables right at home by using an easy to assemble Raised Garden Bed.
When you grow veggies at home there are so many advantages. One advantage is that they just simply taste better. Two, you're being super "green" and conscious of the environment when you grow food at home. Why wouldn't you want to help the earth and enjoy delicious home grown vegetables while gardening? With Home Depot Associate Shenell Leighton's assistance, you'll see how exciting gardening can be as she works with our Home Savvy host Suzanne Rust in creating an at home vegetable garden. Check it out now!
MATERIALS USED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Raised Garden Bed
- Bonnie Herb & Vegetable Plant Food
- Miracle Gro Flower & Garden Top Soil
- Organic Potting Mix/Peat Moss
- Miracle Gro Organic Choice Plant Food
HERE'S HOW TO DO THIS PROJECT:
Purchase an easy to assemble raised or pre-made garden bed.
Choose your vegetables.
Select garden soil.
Line bed with marigolds to ward off insects.
Cut plastic label off of vegetables container.
Dig hole large enough for vegetable plant.
You can harvest vegetables up until fall, be sure to feed your vegetables with plant food.
MEET THE CAST:
WANT MORE HOME SAVVY? WATCH THESE EPISODES
- The Savvy Search for a New Host
- Episode 1: Style Your Home With a Summer Window Box
- Episode 2: The Perfect Outdoor Grilling Party
- Episode 3: Dust It Off And Try Again? Tips for Updating Vintage Furniture
- Episode 4: It's Handled! How to Create An Olivia Pope Inspired Ambience in Your Home!
- Episode 1: How to Install a Bathroom Vanity
- Episode 2: How to Install a Bathroom Faucet
- Episode 3: How to Save Money on Your Home Energy Bills
- Episode 4: Home Decor Tips
- Episode 5: How To Decorate For The Holidays
- Episode 6: How to Light Your Home For The Holidays