In this episode we’re learning how easy it is to install a bathroom vanity!
- St. Paul Valencia 25 in. Vanity with Porcelain Top and Mirror / Internet # 100672702
- Ryobi 3/8 in. 9.6-Volt Cordless Drill / Store SKU # 756950
- Ryobi SpeedLoad+ 17-Piece Titanium Drill Bit Set / Store SKU # 113248
- Zircon Corporation StudSensor EDGE Stud Finder / Store SKU # 826552
- Husky 48 in. Aluminum Box Level / Store SKU # 386988
- Husky Turboslide Utility Knife with Storage / Store SKU # 522817
- Husky 20 oz. Steel Rip Hammer / Store SKU # 594131
- Grip-Rite #6 x 1-1/4 in. Phillips Drywall Screws / Store SKU # 479652
- 8 in. Homeowner Pine Shims / Store SKU # 879282
Here’s how to do this project:
Before you start, make sure to shut off the water supply lines at the sink, or at your home’s main supply if necessary; Disconnect the supply lines and the waste trap from the sink; Disassemble the sink and existing vanity; Patch up and paint or tile the wall where the sink and old vanity once stood if necessary.
Put the vanity in place against the wall and trace its outline on the wall.
Use a stud finder to locate the studs to which you will screw the vanity.
Then, with a level, draw lines along the studs from the floor to the top of the vanity. These lines will help you spot where to place the screws later on.
If the vanity has a back, measure, mark, and drill holes through it for drain pipes and supply pipes.
Set a level on top of the vanity and shim at the floor until the vanity is level. Then hold the level against the edge of the unit and shim at the wall until it’s plumb.
From the inside, attach the unit to the wall by screwing 3-inch drywall screws through the mounting rail into the studs.
Check the level again before trimming the shims flush with a utility knife. If it’s not level, add shims.
If there are large gaps at the wall or floor, attach quarter-round moulding along the wall or floor edge with finishing nails.
WANT MORE HOME SAVVY? WATCH THESE EPISODES:
- Episode 1: How to Install a Bathroom Vanity
- Episode 2: How to Install a Bathroom Faucet
- Episode 3: How to Save Money on Your Home Energy Bills
- Episode 4: Home Decor Tips
- Episode 5: How To Decorate For The Holidays
- Episode 1: Creating a Container Garden
- Episode 2: How to Grow Vegetables at Home
- Episode 3: Interior Painting
- Episode 4: Closet Makeover
- Episode 5: Kitchen Backsplash