ABOUT THIS EPISODE
In this “Get It Done” episode we’ll show you how to organize your closet clutter and maximize your space.
Clearing the clutter in your closet can be a daunting task, but with a manufactured off-the-shelf closet system like ClosetMaid you are able to transform your closet into a more functional space. Home Depot Associate Yvette Williams is on hand to show you how to organize your home’s closets with shelving, baskets and storage bins. It’s a project that the entire family can participate in. See how with the use of Martha Stewart Living and ClosetMaid organizing solutions the Pratt Family was able to create a more functional and better organized closet for their sons Jackson and Christian in this episode of Home Savvy.
FEATURED PRODUCTS USED IN THIS EPISODE:
- ClosetMaid Selectives 16 in. White Custom Closet Organizer – SKU #220117
- ClosetMaid Selectives 30 in.- 48 in. Adjustable Teardrop Closet Rod – SKU #228430
- ClosetMaid Selectives 48 in. White Laminate Shelf – SKU #225452
- Martha Stewart Living 10-1/2 in. x 11 in. Fabric Drawer – SKU # 282317
- Martha Stewart Living Hemisphere Telescoping Curtain Rod Set – Internet #202195009
- Martha Stewart Living Monk Cloth Thermal Tweed Back Tab Curtain – SKU #776286
CLOSET DESIGN TIPS:
- Reach in style closets need to be at least 22″ deep to accommodate hanging clothes.
- Donate or throw away any clothing items you no longer plan to wear.
- Invest in the right kind of hanger for the type of clothing you’re choosing. Use plastic hangers for button down shirts and wooden hangers for suit jackets.
- Remove all wire hangers and plastic dry cleaner bags.
- Personalize your closet solution with shelving, baskets and storage bins. Home Depot carries various Martha Stewart Living and ClosetMaid products, to help you create a more functional and better organized closet.
MEET THE CAST:
WANT MORE HOME SAVVY? WATCH THESE EPISODES
- The Savvy Search for a New Host
- Episode 1: Style Your Home With a Summer Window Box
- Episode 2: The Perfect Outdoor Grilling Party
- Episode 3: Dust It Off And Try Again? Tips for Updating Vintage Furniture
- Episode 4: It’s Handled! How to Create An Olivia Pope Inspired Ambience in Your Home!
- Episode 1: How to Install a Bathroom Vanity
- Episode 2: How to Install a Bathroom Faucet
- Episode 3: How to Save Money on Your Home Energy Bills
- Episode 4: Home Decor Tips
- Episode 5: How To Decorate For The Holidays
- Episode 6: How to Light Your Home For The Holidays