ABOUT THIS EPISODE
In this "Get It Done" episode we'll show you how to organize your closet clutter and maximize your space.
Clearing the clutter in your closet can be a daunting task, but with a manufactured off-the-shelf closet system like ClosetMaid you are able to transform your closet into a more functional space. Home Depot Associate Yvette Williams is on hand to show you how to organize your home's closets with shelving, baskets and storage bins. It's a project that the entire family can participate in. See how with the use of Martha Stewart Living and ClosetMaid organizing solutions the Pratt Family was able to create a more functional and better organized closet for their sons Jackson and Christian in this episode of Home Savvy.
FEATURED PRODUCTS USED IN THIS EPISODE:
- ClosetMaid Selectives 16 in. White Custom Closet Organizer - SKU #220117
- ClosetMaid Selectives 30 in.- 48 in. Adjustable Teardrop Closet Rod - SKU #228430
- ClosetMaid Selectives 48 in. White Laminate Shelf - SKU #225452
- Martha Stewart Living 10-1/2 in. x 11 in. Fabric Drawer - SKU # 282317
- Martha Stewart Living Hemisphere Telescoping Curtain Rod Set - Internet #202195009
- Martha Stewart Living Monk Cloth Thermal Tweed Back Tab Curtain - SKU #776286
CLOSET DESIGN TIPS:
- Measure the back wall and the two return walls of your closet before you begin. We recommend that you measure across the wall at three different heights and take the smallest dimension.
- Reach in style closets need to be at least 22" deep to accommodate hanging clothes.
- Donate or throw away any clothing items you no longer plan to wear.
- Invest in the right kind of hanger for the type of clothing you're choosing. Use plastic hangers for button down shirts and wooden hangers for suit jackets.
- Remove all wire hangers and plastic dry cleaner bags.
- Personalize your closet solution with shelving, baskets and storage bins. Home Depot carries various Martha Stewart Living and ClosetMaid products, to help you create a more functional and better organized closet.
MEET THE CAST:
WANT MORE HOME SAVVY? WATCH THESE EPISODES
- The Savvy Search for a New Host
- Episode 1: Style Your Home With a Summer Window Box
- Episode 2: The Perfect Outdoor Grilling Party
- Episode 3: Dust It Off And Try Again? Tips for Updating Vintage Furniture
- Episode 4: It's Handled! How to Create An Olivia Pope Inspired Ambience in Your Home!
- Episode 1: How to Install a Bathroom Vanity
- Episode 2: How to Install a Bathroom Faucet
- Episode 3: How to Save Money on Your Home Energy Bills
- Episode 4: Home Decor Tips
- Episode 5: How To Decorate For The Holidays
- Episode 6: How to Light Your Home For The Holidays