The Rihanna-Chris Brown-Karrueche Tran triangle just got a whole lot messier—maybe. Last night, Rihanna tweeted a seemingly innocent and playful, yet potentially shady instagram of a rice cake dressed up with shades and gold hoops to look like a person with the caption, “Ima make you my b****,” and the blogosphere is going wild.
Why is this different from any other immature pop star playing with her food? Well, Karrueche Tran is half Asian, Asians are known to eat rice cakes as part of their cuisine (not the Quaker Oats kind), and I’m assuming the wanna-be model has worn gold hoops at some point in her life. So yeah, it’s a stretch to think Rihanna is throwing shots at Karrueche with this pic in some ways, and in others not so much.
When one of Rih Rih’s followers asked her to save some rice cakes for him, she replied [they're] “Kinda DRY tho.” Some are taking that as a reference to Karrueche’s lady business, but anybody who’s ever eaten a rice cake—the Quaker Oats kind—knows they really are dry. *Shrug* I wouldn’t put this subliminally suspect pic past Rihanna, but like I said earlier, it’s a stretch.
What do you think? Is this media-instigated drama or is Rihanna throwing shots?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is He Somebody’s Elses Guy? How To Forget A Forbidden Love
- Face Off! Natural Beauty At Its Best!
- Think You’re Moving Too Fast? Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Slow Down
- Flower Power: Floral Prints – Get the Look for Under $100!
- Brotherly Love: Celebrity ‘Bromances’ We Like To See
- I’m Sorry, But You Can’t Put Your Biological Clock on Snooze Forever
- When It’s Not Worth Fixing
- Melanie Fiona talks GRAMMYs, Stank and her “MF” life