I can’t get enough of Martin even though it’s been 15 years since the show went off the air (shout out to TV One for playing reruns). Thankfully, Comedian Martin Lawrence is expected to return to TV soon with a new sitcom on CBS.
The network is currently throwing around two different scripts for a show. In the first one, developed by “Bernie Mac” creator Larry Wilmore, Martin would play a single man who becomes a foster parent to several children along with his sister. Tom Hertz, the creator of “Rules of Engagement” came up with a different plot where Martin would be a family man trying to keep his kids grounded while facing off with his wealthy in-laws.
The funny man known for characters like Sheneneh Jenkins and Jerome, signed a deal with CBS and CBS TV Studios last fall to develop a comedy project and a decision on which direction the network will go is expected in the coming weeks. Martin probably won’t have as much freedom on CBS as he did on Fox but I can’t wait to see if he’s as funny in his 40s as he was in his 20s. Maybe he can get Bruhman to make a cameo.
What do you think about Martin returning to primetime TV? Which sitcom would you prefer to see him in?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Are You A Socially Awkward Black Girl?
- Terribly Tatted Up: When Celebrities Get Ratchet Tattoos for the Ones They Love
- The Most Painful Things A Woman Can Say To A Man
- Huh?!?: 8 Media Moments That Made Us Go WTF
- We Are Family: Shocking Celebrity Relatives!
- Let’s Be Real: Things in Life You Need to Blame Yourself For From Time to Time
- 7 Simple Things Men Can Do That All Women Will Love