Deep Conditioning can be used interchangeably with a regular conditioner. Some people choose to deep condition a few times a week, however, deep conditioning once or twice per month is acceptable as well. Try warming up the conditioner (not too hot though, you don’t want to burn their scalp) and applying it to the hair after it has been washed and conditioned. Let it sit for about 30 mins – 1 hour and rinse.
Some great deep conditioners to use in your child’s hair regimen are:
- Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner
- Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, Raw Shea Butter
- Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp Tamanu Grow & Strengthen Treatment Masque
- Cantu Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
- Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner