You’re The Center Of Attention, Even When You Don’t Want To Be
If you are like me and just so happen to be a young child who is taller than the rest of your siblings, you find that your height often makes you the center of attention. Tell someone you’re not the oldest just because you’re 5″9, but rather one of the youngest children in a family, and people don’t believe it. Take a picture with your short friends and you’ll find that everyone looks like little kids next to you, and if you’re taller than most, you’ll find that people will have their eyes glued on you. And as was brought up earlier, when you decide to wear a pair of strappy tall heels to hang out with girlfriends, you’re standing above them all.
But then again, that might not be a bad thing, standing out and what not. While there are “problems” that come with being a tall sistah, there are many benefits as well. I wouldn’t trade my ability to see clearly at concerts or grab things from high shelves for the chance to maybe have smaller feet and a wider selection of men to date. Can’t have it all, right? God doesn’t make mistakes, so I take the problems in stride, pull my giraffe-like neck up and walk with pride. We’re luckier than we think ladies!
What “problems” do you encounter because of your height?
More on Madame Noire!
- People Telling You Not To Wear Heels And 6 Other Tall Girl Problems
- True Life: This is How He Got Me to Go Out With Him
- Where Are They Now? The Cast Of Baldwin Hills!
- Is Venus Williams Really a Sex Addict?
- When Keeping It Swirl Goes Wrong: Why Are Black People Obsessed With Interracial Dating?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Baby Boy”
- Did You Know!? 9 Our Favorite Celebs of Cuban Descent (And Some Surprises!)