What’s with that Last Scene?
Every single time I watch Jungle Fever?Â I’m always perplexed by that final scene. You know where a crackhead approaches Flipper (Wesley Snipes) and offers him fellatio in exchange for $2. It always seemed like such a deviation from the main plot and such a weird way to end this movie about race. But Spike always wants you to think. In that same NYT article, this is what he had to say about that final scene:
“Which is more important,” the director asked, “whether a black man should love a white woman, or what drugs are doing to the black community?”
Aaaah, I get it now!
More on Madame Noire!
- Final Cut! Celebs We Haven’t Seen Since The Ax Came Down!
- Decoding Your Downstairs: 8 Things Women Need To Know About Their Va Jay Jay
- Got A What?! Yo, Gotta Get A Ruffneck! Cutie Pie Celebs Who’ve Been Around The Block
- How I Learned To Stop Giving Boyfriends Husband Privileges
- Who’s Going To Be The One To Tell Chelsea Her Jokes On Black Women Just Aren?t Funny?
- WOMAN to WOMAN: The Good in Goodbye
- LIP SERVICE: Lipsticks That Will Light Up Your Lips! – EDITOR PICKS