WOMAN to WOMAN: The Good in Goodbye
We’ve all heard the cliché that “change is good.” Sometimes it really is. And then there are times when change is not. But what we never seem to realize is that there is always a “good” in a goodbye.
Saying goodbye to something or someone that you love is hard and heartbreaking. We never want to end something that we depend on, whether it’s good for us or not. However there are some benefits to saying bye-bye. Although these reasons may not make sense until your goodbye has grown old, you will nonetheless appreciate the good in it.
Here is what you can look forward to….
New beginnings are always something to celebrate. Having the chance to do something different and allowing yourself the opportunity to change into a better individual is something to look forward to. Plus starting over is like getting a do over. You can repeat your last experience with much more wisdom.
Appreciation of what matters
There is much truth in the saying “you don’t appreciate anything until it’s gone.” When we lose something or someone, we begin to realize what really matters in our lives.
The best teachers are lessons. Whatever we learn from a situation, we can use for the next chapter of our life experiences. Letting go teaches us a lot about ourselves that we will forever hold on to.
Whether we want to or not, we learn to accept change. The ebb and flow of life is filled with ups’ and down’s so learning to live with the good and bad only makes life much easier.
So Woman to Woman, don’t be afraid to say goodbye…embrace it.
Want to talk to me Woman to Woman or have a topic you would like addressed? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on twitter @rashanahooks
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: Have You Gotten Over Your First Love?
- Wendy, Please Stop Speaking For All Black Women and Their Need To Be Natural
- Don’t Ignore the Crazy, Don’t Rationalize the Brokenness: A Cautionary Dating Tale
- Lil Kim On What Really Went Down With Faith, Her Face, and The Engagement No One Knew About
- MN Exclusive: Eric Benét Discusses New Album and Explains His Ode To “Redbone Girl”
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Girlfriends”
- How To Achieve Heatless Curls Around The House