The Career Freshman Part II: Getting To The Next Level in Your Career
5. Research your field and stay current
If you love your field of work, then keeping up with the latest business news and trends is something that should be enjoyable and informative. This not only gives you a leg up as an entry-level employee, but as an employee in general. Many co-workers might not understand the importance of knowing the latest about your field, since they have already “made it,” but it makes you stand out from the rest. Research the current trends, changes and latest releases about your company and field, and you could use this information to warn executives about competitors and suggest ways to make the brand better. This is a sure-fire way to help climb that corporate ladder and turn that entry-level opportunity into the door that leads to your professional future.
More on Madame Noire Business!
- How She Made It: Alia Jones-Harvey, Producer of A Streetcar Named Desire
- The Career Freshman: Five Benefits of Being in an Entry-Level Position
- African Fashion Designers Are Breaking Away From The Traditional
- Crisis Management Lessons: Handle Scandal Like Your Name Is Kerry Washington
- Behind the Click: Susan Nicholas, Founder & CEO of DocPons Inc.
- Entrepreneur Spotlight: A Sister-Run Business Brings High-End Tea Stateside