Influence of Technology on Dating
With such an influx of new technology and gadgets, it’s no surprise that it has affected the way couples communicate. From Skype to FaceTime, there are an array of new options. Even if you are not in a long distance relationship, your significant other may still try to get “digital” with you. It can add an element of excitement to the relationship, just when things were starting to get dull. People were not always this comfortable with “expressing themselves” through the Internet, but in 2012 things have changed. Do people even talk on the phone anymore? However, all of this technology is a double-edged sword. Even if you are not using the latest gadgets to explore each others bedrooms, new technology can also be the cause of drama in relationships. The more avenues there are to communicate, the more there is a chance for someone to do the wrong thing.Rachel Louissaint is a graduate student and a blogger. Check out her blog at Ebony Maiden or follow her at @Ebony_Maiden.
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Ways He Wants You To Be Better Than His Last Girlfriend
- The Simmons Family (Including Ex-Wife Valerie Vaughn) Pose For Ebony’s Mother’s Day Issue
- “Ask A Black Man” Episode 2: The Dating Episode
- Sheree’s $750K Salary Demand Likely Got Her Cut
- Stripper Vanity Wonder Writes Book On Undercover Butt Shots Culture
- Columnist Fired For Article On What White Parents Should Tell Kids About Blacks
- Am I Raising a Spoiled Brat?
- Beyonce, Jay-Z & Blue Ivy Head to St. Barts