The Hits- Prince
I like to think of Prince as my funky, fairy godfather. I cannot remember a time without him. Seeing that my father is a huge Prince fan, I know I was listening to the purple one in the womb and ever since. I tell people all the time, that in the video of my first birthday party, Prince is playing in the background. I really feel like he’s been there and gotten me through a lot. If I needed to think, Prince had something for me (Controversy), if I needed to tap into my Hot, there was something in his catalog (Get Off), if I was in the mood to be serenaded, there was a ballad with my name on it (Purple Rain) and if I needed to dance it out, no one put more stank on a track than The Artist. If there’s a single musician who’s provided the soundtrack to my life, it’s Prince, hands down.
So that’s my short list. Which albums changed your life?
More on Madame Noire!
- Single Setbacks: Distractions That Keep Us From Dating
- Keep It Short! Ladies Who Look Better With Short Hair Cuts
- Chris Brown: Can We Forgive and Forget?
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- My BFF: The Non-Celebrity Besties of The Famous
- Pregnant Teen Paralyzed in Shooting Dies Months After Giving Birth to Baby Girl
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body