Terms And Phrases To Learn Before House Hunting

- By
real estate terms to know

Source: vitapix / Getty

Buyer’s agent

So you find an open house you’re interested in. You attend it, and there is a realtor there, ready to tell you all about the house. But…he asks you if you have “Buyer’s agent.” You’re not sure what that means. The realtor at the open house is the seller’s agent—he works on the behalf of the person selling the property. You can just work with him, but it would benefit you to get a buyer’s agent, who helps negotiate a sale on your behalf, and actively looks for properties in which you may be interested.

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN