All Articles Tagged "Cher"
Most times when you hear Chris’s name mentioned in the same sentence as Twitter, you can pretty much assume the R&B singer was popping off at the keyboard. But this time, he’s absolutely not at fault, an evil hacker somewhere out in the Twitterverse is.
I’m thinking someone out there has an uncanny hatred for Chris Brown and Cher, and an undying sense of loyalty to Barack Obama, to strike up such an unlikely beef between the two over the president. Randomly, a tweet went out from Breezy’s account earlier that read:
“That damn GRANNY b**** CHER needs to keep her mouth SHUTTTT about her opinion against obama !!! smh she needs a beating (sic).”
SMH. One of Cher’s fans got a hold of the message and sent it to the singer which has a following as hardcore as Chris’s/ The follower asked Cher, how do you feel about Chris Brown saying he was gonna hit you and Cher retweeted the question and replied: “I don’t know. Is that something he’s particularly good at?”
Ouch. Not long after, Chris found himself on the receiving end of some nasty non-fan mail which led him to realize his account had been hacked and he quickly cleared up the drama.
“@cher if this is your real twitter I would like to say that some of ur fans like @cherarmy1 are spreading false accusations,” he wrote.
“I have the utmost respect for u as an artist! @cher. Just to clear this up.”
Cher appreciated the gesture and sent a tweet back, saying:
“Thanks Chris, Appreciate The Sentiment!As artist I’m Always Impressed by u!No war!no throw ‘n Shade!Just peace Goin C Pres.2morrow,Am excited (sic).”
What does Cher know about throwing shade? Ha but seriously good thing this was all fabricated, although people clearly have too much time on their hands. Celebs cause enough problems on Twitter without having to make stuff up.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Dealing With His Crazy Baby Mother & Can You Get Over Wack Sex?
- The Thrill is Gone: 7 TV Shows That Need To Call It Quits…Like Yesterday
- Giving You The Best That I Got: 7 Signs You Might Be Giving Too Much In Your Relationship
- Where You Been Cherie Johnson?
- Grieving Over a Girlfriend: 7 Ways to Move on After a Break-up…Between Friends
- Why I Think Natural Hair is Indeed a Political Statement
- Well, Hiya To You! Shouting Out Some Of Our Favorite Black Imports From Britain