You ever walk into a room and get a sense of calm or a sense of agitation? Feng shui is a real concept and can transform the way you live.
Although feng shui seems like a foreign concept because it is it’s really not that hard to do. The whole premise behind the Chinese system of aesthetics is balance within the home. The home is thought of as a total body with each part (room) having a function and purpose. The practice, which was originally based on astronomy, is all about leaving enough space for something new to enter– it’s also about the right amount of ying and yang.
The best part about feng shui is that it doesn’t take much money or time at all. Below are five easy tips to achieve balance and serenity and in your home.
1. Take unnecessary pieces out of the room. Less is more, because physical clutter means clutter of the mind.
2. Push your furniture around– there should always be at least three feet between each piece.
3. Try to position all of your furniture to face or at least be in good view of the entrance door. Make sure nothing is directly facing the door as the chi may be too harsh.
4. Don’t position anything in front of sharp pieces of furniture. Sharp furniture creates an unconscious fear of being harmed.
5. Go for organic colors and furniture. Wood pieces create a more natural and calm feel over metal.