Loc & Loaded: 15 Chic Bob Loc Styles
As you get ready to gorge and get inspired by these outstanding lob (long bob) styles, don’t forget that proper haircare is key. To get you started on the right path we scooped up a few key pointers via Ebony.com and Natural Haircare guru LaParis Hawkins.
1. Find a Good Loctician and have a real conversation about your hair objectives and your desired look with with your potential new stylist prior to them twisting your hair. Make sure you feel comfortable with her or him, and get a sense of how knowledgeable they really are about dreadlocks.
2. Massage Your Scalp: Not only is it very relaxing, but it also stimulates hair growth. You’d be surprised how the simple act of gently massaging your hair at night for about 5 minutes, will really help you achieve the beautiful locs you desire.
3. Don’t Retwist Your Hair too Much: When done excessively it can start to create breakage and thinning at the root. Instead look around for new, chic hairstyles (like the ones featured in this post) that you can tryout to stay in love with your hair in between retwists—it’s the perfect time to experiment with your look.
4. Practice Night Care: Just like with any other hairstyle, sleeping with a night scarf (a silk wrap to avoid breakage) is so important. Locs tend to shed a lot, and protecting your edges and your scalp is crucial. A silk night cap helps keep the moisture in your hair and scalp, as well as protect your hair from pillow friction. Make a practice of never going to sleep without protecting your hair.
5. Be Patient: By far the hardest lesson I’ve learned when dealing with my hair. This isn’t a process that will happen overnight. Locking your hair is a journey and it’s a little different for each person. Some people’s hair locs faster than others. Thicker hair tends to lock faster. My hair started to lock in the middle and worked its way to the end. The good thing is that if you nurture and take good care of your hair then the growth will come.
All images courtesy of individuals on Pinterest