The Gays weren’t feeling Eddie back in the day…
Remember when Robin Givens’ character, Jacqueline, was going around bragging about Marcus’ skills in the sack? She told the whole office and eventually blabbed to Strange. Well Strange was trying to get some of that. So she very forwardly propositioned Marcus, asking him if he wanted that “hidden cat.” I guess the fact that Strange couldn’t advance his career in any way was enough to make him decline. Strange was so persistent that Marcus lied, saying he was gay. That admission was purposeful in the script. After Murphy’s Raw came out, gay organizations accused Eddie of being homophobic. The director used this gag to not only prove that the character Marcus was comfortable in his sexuality, but to also comment on the homophobic accusations. These days Eddie is accused of being the complete opposite… Just goes to show that you can never please everybody. Somebody will always have something to say.
Did you learn something today? Do you know any other interesting tidbits about this classic movie?
More on Madame Noire!
- Hair Do’s and Don’ts According to the Fellas
- Intuition or Evidence: 6 Signs He Has A Chick On The Side
- Better Off Unwed: Couples Who Have Happily Kept A Ring Off Of It
- On To The Next! Women Who Found New Love In The Nick of Time…
- In Between The Sheets: Things All Women Are Insecure About In Bed
- WEEKEND WRAP-UP: Kevin Hart’s (Ex) Wife Not Acting Like A Lady + MORE!
- 6 Things You Can Stop Worrying About Doing For Your Man
- FLASHING LIGHTS! Couples Who Love To Flaunt Their Love