I know, the most surprising thing about this news is probably that it didn’t happen sooner, but after nearly two years of dating, Shaq and Hoopz have reportedly called it quits.
You have to admit these two had a pretty good run for a reality TV star who competed for a chance to date Flavor Flav and a top NBA athlete. There were even rumors that the two had eloped back in November but now the word is Shaq is ready to move on so he put Hoopz out of his house accordingly—although not without the aid of security.
According to sources, Shaq broke the news to Hoopz two weeks ago and when he did,
“Hoopz got emotional, and Shaq had to protect himself [from a lawsuit] . . . so he left the house and had [his security] help Hoopz gather her things and leave.”
That is not a good way to end a relationship.
There’s no telling what inspired Shaq to abruptly call it quits with his 28-year old boo, but not long after he was spotted in Vegas celebrating his 40th birthday and, of course, he had a new chick on his arm.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- What Did You Do To My Hair!? 6 Signs You’re Dealing With a Ratchet Stylist
- Trayvon Martin, His Witness and What We Should Be Teaching Our Children About Racism
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “A Different World”
- I Thought You Were Black? Teacher Tells Student to Read ‘Blacker’ in Class
- 6 Times You’ll Have To Accept No Sex For A While
- Teeny Weeny Afros & More: Celebrity Women Who Have Done the Big Chop
- Oh, The Ratchetness! Lewd Songs Women Can’t Deny They Love
- Monica and Brandy Open Up About Their Physical Altercation Back in 1998