In doing research for my 31 Days of Sensuality Challenge, I stumbled upon The Sexually Liberated Woman Podcast hosted by Ev’Yan Whitney – then I fell down a rabbit hole of sonic pleasure. Over the past three months I’ve been listening, learning, unpacking and feeling inspired by this podcast. Ev’Yan recruits sex educators and sexuality Dula’s of all backgrounds to intelligently breakdown the various modalities of being a fully expressed sexually liberated woman and femme identifying person. This podcast is a safe haven for budding sexually free people where they can go to learn, evolve and reclaim themselves.
Here are 10 of the 14 Qualities of a sexually liberated woman!
- She desires: She knows that her ability to desire is a gift and that her capacity to desire is limitless. She uses what she desires as a compass to self discovery, sovereignty and self care.
- She is sensual: She fully inhabits her body. She is in tune with all of her senses. Especially her intuition. She feels things on a deep level and she is connected to her natural rhythms by listening. She takes up space physically and energetically without apology.
- She is sexual: Instinctually- not just in the physical sense. She knows that sex isn’t the only way to play with and express physical energy. She knows who she is as a sexual being. She knows what things turns her on. Light her fire. Make her swoon. She has a close kinship with her genitals because she knows thats where her erotic powers are most potent. She never denies herself of what she sexually desires.
- She is self loving: She luxuriates in her reflection. She goes easy on herself and is kind to herself. She knows her worth and doesn’t settle. She accepts herself as she is. She never apologizes for it. She is a fierce lover of her body- every curve, freckle, dimple and scar. She wears things that make her feel beautiful.
- She knows who she is: She knows what she wants. She has a keen since of knowing about her thanks to her being connected to her natural rhythms and her intuition. She honors her quirks and nuances. She is centered in her greatness.
- She is spiritual: She see’s sex as spiritual – and it is. When her body rides in pleasure she experiences the divine. Sex is her region. The Sea is her religion. The wind is her religion too. She has a special connection to the moon and she looks to the stars for insight. It’s all spiritual for her for she is connected to all. And all is connected to her.
- She has an active, healthy & expansive erotic life: She makes love to her lovers. She makes love to herself. She doesn’t allow her single-hood to take away the freedomness of her sexual expression. She masturbates. She finds pleasure in the thrill of seduction and of teasing and feeling her body. She looks at orgasm as a form of medicine.
- She is a feminist: She is sex positive. She creates a safe space for other humans to blossom, and play and explore. And when others have disparaging words about her sexuality other womanhood. She stands up for herself and for others. She uses her voice, she knows it is powerful.
- She uses juicy words to describe herself: Words like voluptuous. Effervescent. Vivacious. Zesty. Sensuous. Sultry. Bootylicuious. She reclaims seemingly vulgar language so that she is free to express herself with words of her choosing.
- She is responsible: With her heart. Her body and her mind. She shares the gift of her sacred sexuality only with those that she deems worthy. She practices safe sex. She routinely get’s her woman’s exams. She sees these things almost like they are expressions of self love. When her body says no. She respects that no, and she’s not afraid to hurt feelings in order to honor that no.
Listen to the Sexually Liberated Podcast to learn all 14 qualities of a Sexually Liberated Woman Here.
Follow Ev’Yan on Instagram @evyan.whitney @sexuallyliberatedwoman and go to www.sexuallyliberatedwoman.com to learn more about her work as a Sexuality Dula.