MadameNoire Featured Video

Byron Cage In Concert - Decatur, Georgia

Source: Paras Griffin / Getty

Gospel singer and Season 3 Sunday Best winner Le’Andria Johnson is in rehab for alcohol addiction.

The 36-year-old recently did an Instagram Live video where she let fans know that she was going to a substance abuse treatment facility for 30 days.

“I owe it to myself, I owe it to God, I owe it to my kids, my family,” she said in the video. In it, you could see Johnson starting the intake process at the facility, talking with staff, and overall, maintaining a positive outlook despite what she was there for.

“I’m going to get through it,” she told her fans. “I have to. This is a must.”

Her decision to go to rehab follows the singer’s admission during testimony at a church in Philadelphia on February 17. In front of the congregation, which reportedly included some residents and staff from the Women Walking in Victory Rehabilitation Center, she told the crowd about her drinking problem.

“I didn’t realize I drank so much. I didn’t realize that it was a day-to-day situation. And the thing about it is, I was consumed. It consumed every part of me,” she said.

“I didn’t realize I was drinking Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. I was drinking a lot, she continued. “I woke up and by the time I would wake up it was 11 something in the morning and I was drinking. I didn’t realize. It consumed my day. I didn’t have time to talk to God. I didn’t have time to be there for my kids like I needed to.”

Johnson said that she used alcohol to “numb the pain” of certain things, including the loss of her brother. And even though those in her life told her that she needed to slow down, she “wasn’t trying to hear anybody.”

“I was in denial,” she said. “You know how long it took me to first be able to accept that I had a problem? Don’t rush folk while they’re in the process of whatever they’re in the process of. Allow God to do the work.”

It wasn’t until Johnson was pulled over, arrested and locked up for 30 days that she realized she was in some serious trouble.

“I went out one night and I was drinking and I got in the car,” she said. “I got behind the wheel and I turned the car on. I promise you y’all, my house was eight minutes…the number eight means new beginnings. I left the bar. Got in my car, I was only eight minutes away from the bar to my house. I proceeded to drive. My headlight was out. They didn’t pull me over for swerving, for speeding. They pulled me over because I had a headlight out. The person I was with told them. I had a few drinks but I’m telling myself ‘It’s OK, I can drive. I can go home. I can make it.’ They let the other individual go. Breathalized me. Told me to get out of the car, do the whole walk the line. I passed all of that because you know, ‘I’m good.’ I’m still in denial! He locked me up. ‘I’m good, I’m gonna get out.’ Went through, got on probation. Violated probation. Locked me back up. And I’m a tell you this, had it not been for that situation, I wouldn’t be here, where I’m at now.”

After violating her probation again, she was ordered to wear an ankle bracelet, which she still had on during her testimony. As it turned out, that incident was pretty recent, and was the catalyst for her entering rehab.

“The judge required me to wear an ankle bracelet. So I have my ankle bracelet on. I have on my ankle bracelet right now!” she said. “It took an ankle bracelet for me to stop drinking. December 7 was the last time I had alcohol.”

Johnson has since offered an update to fans, saying three days in, things are going well:

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN